Wednesday, January 5, 2011

2010's Most Stylish Films!


Inception was so damn good, I had to see it twice, but even more so than the story-line, killer action sequences, and even more impressive mind-bending special effects, I was really impressed by how snazzy the styling one was for this film. The suits were sharp, not to mention the awesome leather jackets and neck-ties. Oh. And Marion Cotillard? Wowawewah!!


Make no bones about it, Black Swan is creepy as hell, with Natalie Portman giving a truly Oscar-ready performance, but what was just as remarkable about those aspects of the film, is Rodarte's at times bird-like costumery, which i'm hoping will garner the Mulleavy sisters an Oscar nomination. It can happen, right?


Never mind plot and dialogue and the over two hours running time, if like me, you love these four ladies, then Sex and the City 2 was indeed a major summer movie event. I oohed and aahed right through out the movie; even in the damn desert they were dressed to the nines. Cheers to a Sex and the City 3!


Yes, I know most critics hated Burlesque, but you know what? I loved it! Xtina was awesome, the movie was funny and ridiculously OTT, and the costumes were all razzle-dazzle, corseted everything and sis boom bah. Everything was glittered, ruffled, feathered, glossed or a combination of all four; what's not to love?!


So unlike every other movie on this list, I hated Alice in Wonderland. Yea, I said it. The 3D was headache-inducing, the plot was unimagined, Tim Burton's quirkiness was sorely missed, and all-in-all, it was just a boring film. The sole redeeming factor, in my opinion, was the costumery by the legendary Colleen Atwood, who I suspect will win her third Oscar having won before for Chicago and Memoirs of a Geisha.

No comments:

Post a Comment