Thursday, May 13, 2010

Jeneil for i-D

So I know for us in the Caribbean, outside of GQ, Vogue, W, Bazaar and Elle, we really don't have much in the way of choice for fashion magazines. And while those mags are great, I for one prefer the more artistic, less commercial publications like V, Love, Vogue Italia and i-D. Speaking of i-D, i've had to have the last two issues shipped to me personally. It didn't cost an arm and a leg, but for some that might not be an option. Anywho, long story short, Jeneil Williams, my fab friend, is on one of the three covers of this season's i-D. I don't know what i'm gonna do to get this issue, but come hell or high water, I will. Peep the spread below; gorgeous.

I suppose for some, the nudity might be a shocker, but you know what? It's fashion, nudity is almost expected. In any case, the pictures are quite tasteful, they fit in with the mood of the styling and cinematography and the nudity itself doesn't seem like the point. They seem like a celebration of the female nude, moreso, a celebration of blackness. Go Jeneil, love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment