Thursday, August 5, 2010

Dior Homme Spring/Summer 2011

Well, i'll come out and just say it. I was disappointed by this collection. I'm a huge fan of Dior Homme, and the elements of the collection itself were pretty cool, but the monochromatic colour palette reaaally bored me. So let's talk about the aspects of the collection that didn't.


I loved the experimentation with and control of volume. Jackets and pants were designed to really not resemble jackets and pants, at least in the traditional sense, and as such, a faint samurai/Asian influence could be detected through-out. Also, I love how the suit itself was deconstructed and given new definition.


But, as I said before, the colour choices, whatever the reasons, only translated to one thing for me: boredom. Even with all the detailing and expert tailoring.

No comments:

Post a Comment